Friday, January 11, 2008

Literacy 2008

Here's my list of books I want to read this year...

January - Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister - Gregory Maguire
February - She's Come Undone - Wally Lamb
March - The Shivered Sky - Matt Dinniman
April - The Bonesetter's Daughter - Amy Tan
May - Tom Jones - Tom Fielding
June - Beloved - Toni Morrison
July - The Saving Graces - Patricia Gaffney
August - Where The Heart Is - Billie Letts
September - The Book of Ruth - Jane Hamilton
October - Shadow Man - Cody McFayden
November - Lord of the Dead - Tom Holland
December - Roots - Alex Haley

Plus other assorted goodies...

Couldn't Keep It To Myself - Wally Lamb (editor)
Cast-Off - The Yarn Harlot
48 Laws of Power - Robert Greene

I'm already cheating on this as I was about 15 pages in to Confessions and Rachel told me about this really fast-paced thriller written by one of my favorites (James Patterson and some other guy). It's called Quickie and Rachel was right - super fast! I'll probably have it finished by Monday and then I'll go and finish Confessions. I'm also reading Grimm's Fairy Tales - 210 plus 40 never before released in English. Dig it!

All linked out, Ruth!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Hey, you're still reading, so it's not REALLY cheating. ;)

Anonymous said...

Excellent list -- good luck!

Unknown said...

Good list. I might have to add a couple to my list!

Olga said...

I like Maguire, His books are so interesting! But I HATED the book of Ruth, I read it while nursing and it was soooooo depressing and add postpartum to it and BOOM. Not pretty.