Thursday, January 31, 2008

F is for Food

Picture this...

You're plate arrives with your order - warm and smelling good. There's 3 good sized scallops, grilled. You cut them into about 12 bite-sized pieces and mix them with what else is on your plate. Let's see... some lightly sauteed spinach and sliced fennel bulb, some really thinly sliced - what is that? pear? green apple?. Some walnuts. Sitting in this lovely, thin balsamic vinegar sauce.

Oh. My....

Oh and the business meeting I had while eating this went really well, too.

You ever had food like that? I was trying really hard to concentrate on what this man who I'm buying lunch for is saying. This new client I've acquired. But really all I want to say is, "shh, shh, shhhhhhh. Don't speak. Eating."

My friend Elizabeth, who is an excellent cook, used to call that Foodgasm.

This Foodgasm brought to you by the fantastic people at The California Cafe in Lone Tree, CO. Who knew chain food could be so amazing?

Planning my next lunch there, Ruth!

5 comments:

Sam said...

Hmmmmmmm. Love, love, love the food there.
Salivating Sam

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm. Grilled scallops.

Unknown said...

Scallops are tricky too. They are either perfect or perfectly rubbery!

Glad your's were foodgasm-tastic!

Anonymous said...

Oooh...I'll have to try that. Sounds delicious.

Me7of11 said...

YUM! I LOVE food and, like you, I love to mix it up. The more food on the plate, the more flavors. Every bite is an expedition into a cullinary carnival...and adventure...an explosion of scents and textures and flavors. YES! YES! YES!