Monday, January 14, 2008

2008 Wish List

These are things I'll be saving up for this year...

Home Theater Speaker System - the kind with little speakers to replace the behemoths currently residing on top of our entertainment center. I hope to have these by my husband's birthday in August - should make a nice present for him.

Bike Helmet - we got this really nice bike off Craig's List for me. It only cost $40 and I haven't ridden it yet because A) bikes scare me and B) no helmet.

Chest For Bedroom - the kind we can put at the end of our bed. The kind where we can sit and put our shoes on. The kind where I can put my grandma's linens. Or yarn. Probably yarn.

Rec Center Membership - $600/year for the whole family. Probably do-able. I'm going to ask Dave for this for my birthday in April. I'll even pay for it!

Phone Headset - for my office. I spend a good portion of the day on the phone with candidates and managers. My neck's starting to hurt!

Computer Speakers - also for my office. I'd love to be able to hear things through the computer I use the most.

That's it. Not too much, I think.

Wishing on a star, Ruth!

4 comments:

Becca said...

All good things to wish for! I couldn't do without my phone headset. It's just a regular headset from Walmart (it has a cord, I don't know if you were looking for a cordless one.) and it was less than $30. My favorite thing is the mute button which allows me to fuss at the kids without a client overhearing.

I'd love one of those end of the bed chest things too, and I know I'd fill it with yarn!!

Unknown said...

I love the chest idea. I have an antique one that's stuck in storage. Maybe you could cruise a swap meet/ flea market/ antique show if that's your style.

Psst- email me your address. I have an extra set of computer speakers if you want them! They aren't the greatest but they work... no pressure!

Anonymous said...

Ask for the phone headset immediately. As a massage therapist, you must know how nasty our bodies can be when we abuse them. Your neck deserves the best :)

WandaWoman said...

You might want to get that headset pretty soon. You could check out CompUSA, since they're going out of business. Perhaps you might find some deals on some of the electronics stuff you're looking for.