Cocoa Swap Questionnaire:
1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? Knit, knit and knit some more. I've been known to crochet now and then but don't really prefer it.
2. What is your favorite one-skein project? What item do you find you knit the most of? Fetching. And I've recently discovered hats but have enough hat projects to last the year. Do socks count as one-skein? If the skein's big enough, right?
3. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you’ve been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on? I have a set of Options from knitpicks and a set of DPN's from them - all set on needles!
4. What’s on your needles\hook right now? What’s your oldest UFO (unfinished object)? How much time do you have? I've got my husband's sweater, a hat for my brother, slippers for me, 3 pairs of socks, a lace shawl and a few other things on needles (did I mention I have a ton of needles? hah!). My oldest UFO is about 2 years old - this year it's either getting finished or frogged.
5. What are your favorite types of yarns? Are you allergic to any yarns, or just hate working with something? Anything type/brand of yarn you’ve been dying to try?
Not allergic to any, but I don't like acrylic. It'd be easier to say which I don't like - laceweight, anything really hairy (mohair), anything itchy. Pretty much done with felting and completely finished with novelty stuff. I've been drooling over that Malabrigo sock yarn. Anything Malabrigo, really - love those rich colors! I like to see local-to-you yarns, too.
(Where's question #6? I just cut-n-paste this from the cocoa swap blog!)
7. What are your favorite colors? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there that make you want to stab yourself in the eye with your needles? I like jewel tones. Can't stand pastels; don't like orange, yellow or purple. My Etsy Favorites will show a lot of the colors I like!
8. What is your favorite knit accessory, your fancy needles? stitch markers? your yarn cutter? What do you have TOO many of? What do you wish you had?
I feel you can never too many tape measures, stitch markers or Chibi needles.
1. Do you prefer boxed/packets, or something homemade? Any works for me!
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream? Whipped cream
3. Do you use any ‘add ins’? Sometimes I add a flavored, powdered creamer.
4. Are you a year round cocoa drinker or just in the winter months? Mostly winter
5. Do you like flavored cocoas or are you just a ’straight chocolate’ kind of person? I like to try different flavors but plain is always good, too!
6. Do you enjoy cocoa from restaurants or shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites? Yes - I've actually, only recently discovered Starbucks hot chocolate and chai lattes. Luckily only recently as that stuff's ridiculously expensive!
7. You’ve just made the perfect cup of cocoa - is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it? I have these 2 favorite mugs I use - thick and really pretty. My friend gave me the Starbucks knitted cup recently and I use that one now, too! I sit at the kitchen table where it's quietest.
8. You’re enjoying that perfect cup, what treats will you enjoy with it? Are they sweet or salty? Crunchy? Soft and flaky? Usually something sweet. Probably crunchy as I'm soft and flaky enough on my own.
It’s all YOU!
1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking? There's other hobbies?? I read a lot. I've made a resolution to read only what's on my bookshelf this year.
2. Do you collect anything? Yarn
3. What is your favorite part of Winter? The snow. Love the snow. And it's ability to make us stay snuggled up inside with movies (and knitting for me!).
4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body? I don't scent my house. I have yet to find a house scent that isn't overpowering. For me, I like fresh scents. Or spicy. Citrus, Grapefruit, Rosemary, Sandalwood, any combo of those is good too.
5. Are you allergic to anything? No. I have a cat but keep him away from the bulk of my yarn. (He's around what I work on, of course!)
6. Are you on Ravelry? What’s your ID? Yes - 5elementknitr
7. How would you spend an ideal winter afternoon/day? Outside: taking the boys sledding. Inside: watching movies and knitting.
8. What’s your favorite animal? Don't really have one.
I do so love the swappy, Ruth!