Saturday, June 30, 2007

Crack Me Up Saturday

This is for BeckyKnitsToo and her Crack Me Up Saturday series.

While rooting around in old boxes for pic's of my brother on his birthday, I found my student ID from my senior year at Clovis High (Go Cougars!).





As you can see, I was really into..... different music. The Sex Pistols, TSOL, Oingo Boingo,
The Toy Dolls (anyone remember The Toy Dolls?).

People used to ask me how I got my hair to stay that way. It was easy, really. I washed it every morning (the good old days) and while blow-drying it, I'd tip my head over for the last 30-60 seconds of drying. Then I'd flip my head up and spray with hairspray. Viola! No gel, no mousse, not even that much hairspray. Took about 5 minutes. Even back then, I always figured anything that took more then 5 minutes getting me out the door, didn't need to be fussed with.

Goood Times, Ruth!

13 comments:

sophanne said...

YOU ROCK RUTH!!!

That is great.

Just for the record, I might have been afraid of you back then. I was a band geek and listened to Rickie Lee Jones.

Olga said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!! Priceless!

Chris said...

LOL! Have you ever seen my 80s pictures? I had good 80s hair, but not quite THAT good. Altho... I did have the misfortune of being a bride in the 80s...

Anonymous said...

Excellent!

Anonymous said...

Dude! I freakin' love your hair!!

Tammy said...

See.. you even rocked 20 years ago!

I was way busy back then spending 45 minutes getting my hair to feather just so. Now if I can find my hairbush in the morning I'm doing pretty good.

Yarnhog said...

Oh. My. God. You actually make my high school picture look normal. Sort of. (My mom used to ask me daily who I was trying to scare.) That is possibly the funniest 80's hair picture I have ever seen!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

That picture is making me intensely happy....

Romi said...

Bwahahahahaha! That's great!!! I used to try *so hard* to get my hair to stand up like that! :D

Lydee said...

LOVE IT! Really, you would have had to have a good hairdresser. The cut is just so. LOVE IT!

knitnzu said...

Wowsa! That is some hairdo, very good! I ignored the 80's. My high school pic? Let's just say it wasn't until college that I broke out of most of the expected molds. Boring! Maybe it's that I never use hairspray (not on principle or anything, it has just seemed like too much to do), but I just can't ever get my hair to stand up! Lucky woman, can you still get it up? (hahaha...)

Quail Hill Knits said...

Great photo. I think it is funny that you grew up in Clovis. My son, Kenny attends school in the Clovis Unified School District and my husband's grandmother probably cooked for you during your high school career. She was a cook in the cafeteria at your school in 1987.

Throws Like A Girl said...

Hee hee! That's awesome! My hair would not do the 80's hair thing so I eventually went retro hippie and just let it grow.