Thursday, June 21, 2007

What Are Friends For!


This was the scene set in my basement last nite. My friend, Rachel, is going on vacation this weekend and wanted a bikini wax before she left. After a failed attempt using something called Nads, she asked if I could help. I wax my legs most of the time and have some experience with a wax pot. (Nads?? Seriously? Why would anyone name a beauty product after a man's testicles?)
The picture is of the wax pot, some soothing after-wax lotion, and a stiff drink. Rachel is a master drink mixer. Before we went downstairs, she made mojitos with fresh mint from her own garden. Then we moved on to coconut rum mixed with cranberry juice and pineapple juice. Mmmmm, tasty!
Here's a picture of Rachel's glass in front of mine. See how much more empty hers is? I was drinking a bit slower. After all, the waxing didn't hurt me a bit!

I'm enamored of this pattern on knitty.com. I have one ball of this color...

I need 4 more. I have these colors that I can trade....
girlie pink

white-ish


light tan
darker tan
black
Anyone out there game for a trade?
Off to wax my legs now, Ruth!
P. S. The yarn up for grabs yesterday is claimed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You waxed and drank?? Bet that took the edge off!

Yarnhog said...

Do we have a bit of a Suede addiction going? You never said how the waxing went! For her, I mean, not you. It sounds remarkably painful. I had an "Epilady" once--it was used three times (once each by my sister, my mother, and me), for exactly 1/10 of a second each. Anybody else remember this torture device from the 80's?

knitnzu said...

You like that suede, eh? I've never NEVER waxed! 'Nads' is just hilarious!

Unknown said...

I used Nads once. It left me with black ad blue marks so bad you'd have thought I was into something kinky. Seriously OUCH!!!!

sophanne said...

The closest I ever got to an epilady was an overdose of Nair- those fumes alone were deadly.

BethAnn said...

Sorry it took so long to respond to your comments! As you know i am new to blogging and was trying to figure out the best way to respond, emailing didnt work, and i didnt know if youd see a comment if i left it on my own blog, so here i am! Anywho, thanks for the sweet comments and advice!! Its fun to know someone out there is actually interested in what i might have to share. Oh, LMKG stands for Last Minute Knitted Gifts, by Joelle Hoverson.