Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Objectivity Swatch

OK, some will call this a cheat tip. I will probably have a lot of that going on here!

Whenever I swatch a new yarn, I ALWAYS had my friend (and knitting guru) Tracy measure it for me. See, I know me. If it doesn't match the count I need, I will either futz it into the proper count or I'll just shrug and say, "Close enough". Even if it's something important, like an item of clothing I actually want to fit on my body and look good!

With the objectivity of a friend, or LYS staffer, you can't cheat yourself out of doing a proper swatch.

So I guess this tip is an uncheat tip!

3 comments:

Chris said...

I wouldn't be patient enough to wait for someone else to measure!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! I should do that.

Olga said...

Waaait a minute here, you swatch? And you make sure it's correct? that's.....that's....O.K., I guess...if you want to. Ohhh, the guilt....