Monday, May 7, 2007

More Tennis Balls and a Mohawk

First off, let me say, I love to write but it is truly amazing what some people can do with a pencil. Or two. Check out her home page for amazing sculptures.
We gave the boys haircuts yesterday, in anticipation of Dave's parents coming into town today. Trev wanted something a little different. Something he saw on the cashier boy at Target.
This haircut has given him a little attitude already...
Just kidding.
On to Massage Monday.
Today we have more tennis ball shenanigans. Take the ball we talked about last week and use it on your back, in your chair. Lean back in your chair, put the ball just behind your shoulder next to your spine. Lean into the ball. Lean forward and let it drop a bit, lean back into it. Rinse, repeat. When you've worked the ball all the way down, pull it out and do the same thing to the other side. You can be subtle about this, you don't have to do the Janet Jackson roll or anything. This is a fantastic thing to try in the car. It's relatively hands free and feels great. I used to do this every night in the car on my way home from working on other people at the spa. I especially like it in the lower back area. So. Good.
That's it!
I gotta tell y'all about this joke Dave played on me last night. A few days ago, he was shirtless, looking in the fridge, and smartin' off. I was washing dishes so I flicked water at his bare back. OK, last night, the kids were in bed and we were deciding what movie to watch and since I was in the kitchen he asked if I could rinse his glass and bring it to him. I sighed and took it to the sink, emptied the glass and turned on the faucet to rinse it. I stood there for a few seconds thinking, "WTF, why am I getting wet?" That rat-fink husband of mine had put a rubber band over the handle of the high pressure sink sprayer. I stood there like an idiot and got soaked! When it finally dawned on me what was happening, I didn't even turn it off, I just walked away. The rubber band popped off and the main faucet was just running after that.
We laughed our asses off! We laughed so hard that I actually snort laughed. Twice. I kept saying, "You are SO dead!" He said it was payback for flicking cold water on his bare skin a few days ago. Whatever! That is so not the same! I was completely soaked. (BTW, this prank was brought to you courtesy of AFV. Some woman got her husband with this joke. Three times. The husband in the video was pissed and I always thought it was hilarious!) Dave said he'd set it up a couple of hours earlier and once, when getting Trev water, he forgot it was there and squirted himself a little! (That's when I did the second snort laugh.)
We are so lame!
Any ideas for getting back at him?
Plotting my revenge, Ruth!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the haircut. Very Maddox Jolie-Pitt.

Next time your DH is showering, a glass of ice water over the curtain might be just the thing...

Chris said...

You goofballs!

Olga said...

My daughter pulled that one on me for April fools day, I was not amused.this same daughter wanted that mohawk hair cut awhile back, gads. the tennis ball trick is cool, my dog keeps trying to snatch it from me 'cause she thinks I'm playin with her.