Wednesday, May 16, 2007

2 Memes and a Swapbot

I got my first tag! Nell tagged me with this...

Each person tagged gives 7 or 8 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs the 7 or 8 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.Here are my facts:

8 Random Things -

1. I have to finish a book, no matter how bad or dull. I can’t stand not knowing how a story ends. (Maybe that’s why I rarely watch the news, you never get the whole story, just the tragic beginnings.)

2. During my first pregnancy, my cravings consisted solely of fat, greasy, shag-nasty cheeseburgers. During my second - horseradish sauce.

3. Except for Tetris, I’m really quite terrible at video games. I make up for it by being really quite good at word games.

4. I sleep with untucked sheets. I have to be able to stick my feet out from under the sheets at any time.

5. I invent things. I have about 3 or 4 half-used notebooks going at a time. If I combined them all, I’d have an enormous notebook full of my inventions and ideas for products and/or businesses.

6. If I won the lottery, the first thing I’d buy would be Lasik surgery for my eyesight. I hate contacts and glasses but can’t be without them. (Well, I could but I rather like having all my original teeth.)

7. I’m an excellent typist. Most of the time.

8. I've seen every episode of anything William Shatner has ever been in. Including the very cool Twilight Zone episodes and the very disheartening T. J. Hooker years. (OK, I just checked IMDB to create my links for #8 and Shatner has over 191 credits to his name and that's not counting the subcredits (as in credit #105 Star Trek - subcredits: 16 episodes). So let's just say everything he's done after 1970, when I was born, and a few things before that!)

If you weren't tagged but would like to play, feel free to snag the rules and post on your blog. I'm tagging:

Yarn Harlot
Stumbling Over Chaos
Uberstrickenfrau
TheSneeze
The Knitting Philistine
The Knitiot Savant
No More Sweaters

This next Meme I saw on KnittingInPink. She said she borrowed it from a blog she read and I asked if I could borrow it... anyway, here it is.

Mark with bold the things you have knit, with italics the ones you plan to do sometime, and leave the rest. It's an interesting exercise. I hadn't realized how much I've tried til I played this game! (Or how far I have yet to travel on this knitting road.)

Afghan
I-cord
Garter stitch
Knitting with metal wire
Shawl
Stockinette stitch
Socks: top-down
Socks: toe-up
Knitting with camel yarn
Mittens: Cuff-up
Mittens: Tip-down
Hat
Knitting with silk
Moebius band knitting
Participating in a KAL
Sweater
Drop stitch patterns
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn
Slip stitch patterns
Knitting with banana fiber yarn
Domino knitting (=modular knitting)
Twisted stitch patterns
Knitting with bamboo yarn
Two end knitting
Charity knitting
Knitting with soy yarn
Cardigan
Toy/doll clothing
Knitting with circular needles
Baby items
Knitting with your own handspun yarn
Slippers
Graffiti knitting
Continental knitting
Designing knitted garments
Cable stitch patterns (incl. Aran)
Lace patterns
Publishing a knitting book (I'm actually writing one.)
Scarf
Teaching a child to knit
American/English knitting (as opposed to continental)
Knitting to make money
Buttonholes
Knitting with alpaca
Fair Isle knitting
Norwegian knitting
Dying with plant colors
Knitting items for a wedding
Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cosies…)
Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) on one or two circulars
Knitting with someone else’s handspun yarn
Knitting with dpns
Holiday related knitting
Teaching a male how to knit
Bobbles
Knitting for a living
Knitting with cotton
Knitting smocking
Dying yarn
Steeks
Knitting art
Knitting two socks on two circulars simultaneously
Fulling/felting
Knitting with wool
Textured knitting
Kitchener stitch
Purses/bags
Knitting with beads
Swatching
Long Tail CO
Entrelac
Knitting and purling backwards
Machine knitting
Knitting with self patterning/self striping/variegated yarn
Stuffed toys
Baby items
Knitting with cashmere
Darning
Jewelry
Knitting with synthetic yarn
Writing a pattern
Gloves
Intarsia
Knitting with linen
Knitting for preemies
Tubular CO
Freeform knitting
Short rows
Cuffs/fingerless mitts/armwarmers
Pillows
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine
Rug
Knitting on a loom
Thrummed knitting
Knitting a gift
Knitting for pets
Shrug/bolero/poncho
Knitting with dog/cat hair
Hair accessories
Knitting in public

What have you learned to do that has marked a definite change in your knitting life? The first time I tried cables (or any new technique). I realized that even though it sounds/looks really hard - it's not! It may be a little more challenging or fiddly but it's still all just knitting and now I'm not scared of trying anything (knitwise).

OK, as if this post isn't long enough, I'll leave you with one last thing. Girl on the Rocks mentioned something on her blog that caught my eye. I'm probably the last person on the web to have heard of it but here it is: Swap-bot. It is the coolest thing! So. Much. Fun!

Tomorrow - an FO!

Memes for everyone, Ruth!

4 comments:

Olga said...

Yeah, somebody tagged me!!! its like the Enquirer, only nicer.Heh.
Only now who am I gonna tag? Your already taken!* pout*

Chris said...

Swap-bot is fun - I did a pretty cool cover cd swap over there a few months ago. Reminds me to go see what's going on there now...

Um, that William Shatner thing? Um.

Yarnhog said...

Oooh, I had constant cravings for Big Macs during my first pregnancy--which is all the more peculiar because I would never even consider such a thing under ordinary circumstances. The thought makes me a little queasy. During my second pregnancy, it was chicken chalupas from Taco Bell--every night at 10:30. Eww. I'm glad those days are over.

Elspeth said...

You've seen all the Boston Legals too? The William Shatner roast (that was pretty funny!)? Own his CD? I'm impressed!