Seen this around blog land - y'all know how I love a good meme!
Things I've Done (In Bold)
1. Started my own blog
2. Slept under the stars - When I was a kid, our dad took us camping all the time. We also spent most of our summers sleeping in the backyard.
3. Played in a band - I played flute from 6th-8th grade. Not very well.
4. Visited Hawaii - The summer btw 7th and 8th grade my best friend's uncle took her, me and his 2 kids to a beach front house in Maui for a month. Splee!
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world - Land - several times, World - not yet.
8. Climbed a mountain - I've done a ton of hiking but I've never started at the bottom and gone all the way to the top of a real mountain. Lots of foothilltops!
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sung a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris - Twice, once at 17 and again when I was in the Army.
13. Watched lightning at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown my own vegetables - We had a pretty sizable vegetable garden when I was a kid. My job was to pollinate the tomatoes.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - When I was 17. Touched the corner of the frame to put my fingerprint on it - almost got thrown out of the Louvre but told them it was an accident, that I slipped.
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitchhiked - Twice. Then I read the book Perfect Victim - girl only got in the car because there was a man, a wife and baby. They let her go 7 years later. Never hitched again.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - oh yea!
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb - I've pet them but never picked one up.
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - I've been to Venice but felt the gondola ride cost was exorbitant for what you got.
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - Several of each. Prefer sunsets. Sunrises occur too early!
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors - Sort of. Been to Kansas where my gma was born. My mom's adopted so other then KS, I don't know where I'd go!
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught myself a new language - No, but took a bunch of ASL classes. I love sign language!
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - I have money issues, don't know if this would ever be true of me.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David - He's very impressive
41. Sung karaoke - Unfortunately. I don't sing well and rarely do it in front of people. At karaoke things, I'm usually the back-up dancer.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - Maui
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - Like the gondola ride, too expensive. Besides, it seemed silly to me to pay to climb stairs or ride an elevator.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud - I grew up in Clovis (Redneck), CA. I've been muddin' in some really big SUV trucks. Also played a lot of mud football. Love mud football!
54. Gone to a drive-in theater - I love the drive-in. My husband and I, for our first date, I suggested a double feature of Jackie Chan at the drive-in. He said sure! I also love Jackie Chan!
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business - 5elementknitr.etsy.com and I used to have my own massage practice that I started
58. Taken a martial arts class - Tai Chi is technically a martial arts, right?
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason - From Dave and from my little guys. So cool!
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - One of the places, while stationed in Germany, that I had absolutely no desire to see. Reading about is difficult enough.
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter - Several times. Future post, believe it!
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - I have the teddy bear I got when I was 4 or 5. Until a few years ago, I still slept with it. I had to retire it and get a new one. My original was falling apart and I didn't want that to happen, he resides on my bookcase now.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - No but I've been to 2 Husker games at the Lincoln Memorial Stadium in Nebraska. Go Big Red!
71. Eaten caviar - It's gross.
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job - Another post...
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London - That trip when I was 17.
77. Broken a bone - Neither has my husband.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - My high school sweetheart's cousin used to race. One time he slapped a helmet and some leathers on me and took me around the track full-bore. Nuthin' like it, man - loved it!
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - Great big hole in the ground. This is one of those things that I saw so much of before I ever got there that, while terribly impressive, at the same time I was sorta "meh". Same thing with the Mona Lisa. The Mona Lisa is quite a bit smaller in person then you'd expect.
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car - 2007 Toyota Sienna minivan
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper - I was in the Rose Bowl parade on 1985. The reporter covering our trip took a shot of me during practice and put it on the front page of the section where they cover stuff like that.
85. Read the entire Bible - No, but read enough.
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - There was a lot of fishing with all that camping.
88. Had chickenpox - Still have one of those little scars by my eyebrow.
89. Saved someone’s life - Yet another post. Jist of it is, I felt a massage client I had should see his doctor about some dizziness he had. Smart man (not one of those doctor-procrastinating ones) went to his doc, turns out his carotid artery was 90% blocked! If he hadn't gone it would've been Stroke City. He says I saved his life - I dont think I did but, whatever.
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous - Blogged all about that here and here.
92. Joined a book club - Learned that I don't much care for not picking my own books. Always hear people in book clubs say, "It was nice because I discovered books I might not have otherwise read." I kind of get that but that means it's also cutting into time that could've been spent books you really wanted to read.
93. Lost a loved one - My grandma. She passed in 1997 and I miss her every day.
94. Had a baby - Two and I make great ones!
95. Seen the Alamo in person - My AIT in the Army was in San Antonio, TX.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit - In high school, had one of those accidental house parties at my house. A girl said this sweet guy tried to rape her. It was complete bollocks. She made out with him, got a hickey, her boyfriend saw it and she had to tell him something. He was worried, told her mom, all hell broke loose. Stupid, lying bitch. Sweet guy was arrested and trial ensued. Since it was my house, I was called to talk about geography of bushes around our house and such. It eventually got thrown out as her own witnesses couldn't get their stories straight and their evidence actually supported the guy in question. The judge told the girl he hopes it never truly happens to her because after this mess no one would ever believe her again.
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee - First time was when I was four. Been terrified of bees ever since.
100. Rode an elephant - No, but I've been on a camel! Once while in England.
Been quite a life so far, Ruth!