Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Things You Can Do When You're 4

I went into the basement and when I came upstairs, my entertainment center was giggling...


SURPRISE!!


Look how tall he actually is...



Here's your Tippa Tuesday...

I bought the KnitPicks Options (the metal ones). I can't recommend these needles enough! They rule, addi turbo's drool. Just kidding, I wouldn't give up my addi's but only because I have too many WIP's to get rid of good needles! The Options are sooooo deliciously pointy! Love. Them. If anyone hates theirs - I'll buy them immediately! There's this little tiny key to help you tighten you needles to your cables. Now if you're like me and the whole set-up outsmarts you (sigh), you can call the nice people at KnitPicks and they'll explain it without laughing. You're supposed to turn the needle not the key. Turning the key doesn't do anything - who'd've thought!

Anyway, my tip is this: I keep a small square of bubble wrap (the kind with small bubbles) in the zip pocket with the key. Those metal needles are slippery and trying to turn them without something to help your grip is another exercise in futility. I use the plastic bubble wrap to grip the needle - easy, peasy, rice and cheesy.

Wishing I was 4 today, Ruth!

6 comments:

Me7of11 said...

Your entertainment center is like a clown car. Glad to see the little guy is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you 100% on the KP Options; I've also added a set of US#7 Harmony points just because they were so pretty. A few months ago I found a needle gripper, which is just a 1" oval of textured rubber, in the quilting department of a craft store. It also works great for holding the needle tips while tightening/loosening. Years ago I bought a set of Boye interchangeable needles, which came with a similar rubber gripper. After 20+ years, though, it got brittle and disintegrated.

Chris said...

Wow, who knew 4-years olds were yoga masters!

Unknown said...

Little kids are so bendy!

I'm so glad you love the KP options. I love, love, love them too. And don't tell anyone but I tried turning the key too. HAHA!

knitnzu said...

Looks like he's got your bendy genes!

Diane said...

They are always so good at hiding but give it away with those silly giggles. KP options rule! Love them! Now all we need is a 16" cable that isn't on the fixed needles.