Got this from Rachel...
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, Just copy this entire blog and paste into a new blog. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. If you play along leave me a comment and a link to your blog I'd love to see what you have to say!
1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags?
2. Real tree or artificial?
real tree (but Uberstrickenfrau has made me rethink this..who knows what will happen next year).
3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually a week (or day) before xmas - this year we're ahead of the game!
4. When do you take down the tree?
Depends on how dry it is--First weekend in January.
5. Do you like Egg Nog?
Oh yea! But not with the alcohol it's supposed to have - it's one of the few drinks I prefer virgin.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A whole set of children's classic books (Heidi, Robin Hood, Black Beauty, etc.) . There's 34 (with 2 that never came with the original set) and I still have them all. (I know about the missing ones because each book has a list of the set on the back.)
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
No - we don't practice any religion. Our xmas is strictly about family. And commerce. (haha)
8. Hardest person to buy for?
My husband - he never wants anything!
9. Easiest person to buy for?
My kids. Trevor's third xmas (he was 2 1/2 years old), we were at the grandparents' house and he was opening a gift from his uncle. He pulled the wrapping off and said, "It's a BOX!! Look mommy, I got a BOX!!!" We were laughing so hard, we could barely tell him the gift was inside the box! I wish we'd thought to bring the video camera!
10. Weirdest Christmas gift you ever received? (I changed this--it used to say the "worst")
Can't think of any I wasn't completely excited to have. (I'd be happy with a box, too!)
11. Mail or email Christmas Cards?
We've resorted to Happy New Year cards - snail mail.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
A Wonderful Life. Rudolph. I like them all.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Absolutely. I've got no problem receiving or giving re-gifts. I figure it's better to pass it on then to stuff it in a closet. Sometimes I tell people it's a re-gift. Sometimes, not. Depends on the recipient.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Sugar Cookies - my mom sends them every year. Her Persimmon cookies rock, too!
16. Clear lights or coloured?
Coloured, hands down.
17. Favorite Christmas Song?
Jingle Bells and Silent Night. My mom used to start cranking the holiday tunes the day after Thanksgiving! Sometimes ad nauseum. I do miss the Burl Ives singalong record, though.
18. Travel or stay home at Christmas?
Stay home!! (meaning in town)
19. Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer?
No, but it's fun to make some up!
20. Angel or Star on the top of the tree?
21. Open Christmas Eve or Morning?
Christmas Eve at the grandparents, Christmas morning with Dave and the boys and me.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The holiday music on my favorite radio stations. If I want it, I'll play it.
23. What’s the corniest family tradition you do or miss doing?
Dave and I try to put each other's presents out secretly. We pass in the middle of the night sometimes!
24. What’s the worst thing you’ve seen related to Christmas?
My MIL is never very gracious about receiving gifts from her husband. She always seems mad that he got her anything. It's weird and uncomfortable for me.
25. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees?
26. Gingerbread or Sugar Cookies?
27. Do you like fruitcake?
Can't wait to rip some wrap, Ruth!