Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Public Service Announcement

It's Knitty Titty Time Again!

We're marking Breast Cancer Awareness month again this year with a Knitty Titty Party on Friday Oct. 19 from 6 to 8 pm. We'll gather to knit prosthetic breasts for cancer patients at Swedish Hospital's Breast Health Center, as well as sip some wine, nibble some goodies and just generally enjoy ourselves and do a little knitting for a good cause.

Bring double-pointed needles in sizes 5, 6, 7 or 8 (whatever you have will do) and we'll provide yarn and patterns. The titty is knitted in the round and requires skills similar to those for making a hat. Click on the photo to see the original pattern at knitty.com (ours is a bit easier).

This is at A Knitted Peace (ph# 303-730-0366).

They will have a crochet pattern as well.

Hope to see you there, Ruth!

3 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Knitted prosthetics? I am in awe. Do they really work? I don't mean as breasts, of course, but as prosthetics?

Olga said...

Ok Ruth dear, I'm willing to knit a hat for the army, send money for good causes and wash my feet before I get massaged- but I draw the line at knitting boobs. Sorry, I'm mean like that....

Chris said...

Will you take pictures?! ;)