This seems to be the same Questionnaire as SP13 but it's an excuse to have a new post so I'll try to update...
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I like natural fibers. I don't like acrylics and I loathe novelty stuff. I don't like itchy or mohairy or spiderweb lacey stuff. I guess natural fibers still leaves it pretty wide open, right?
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a cardboard wine tube for my straights (which I almost never use anymore), a CD case thing for my circulars and the day-planner-looking-book-thingy for my KnitPicks Options. All set here!
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? My friend (and midwife) taught me to knit in Summer 2003 - I've been obsessed ever since! I guess I'm advanced.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Amazon wish list
Etsy wish list
5. What's your favorite scent? I don't use candles or home fragrance things. I love good bath stuff! I'm a big fan of light fragrance - pink grapefruit is a favorite. I like citrusy, or light floral, sandalwood is nice. Anything not too overpowering.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I'm still a sugar fiend! I don't like white chocolate or super-dark chocolate. Other then that, if it's sweet, I will eat.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I only knit. I don't spin (no desire to!). I have a dusty bin of cross-stitch stuff that I should really just get rid of as I haven't touched it since I learned to knit.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I'm all over the place here - blues, classic rock, country, alternative, bluegrass. I think the only thing I can't bear is techno or new age stuff - both genres grate on me as too boring and repetitive. I have an ipod. I discovered audiobooks last year and am a big fan!
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Another wide open venue. I'm not a fan of purple, orange or yellow but I'm not completely opposed to them either. I don't like pastels or white/cream yarn. I tend toward rich, deep tones (hues?).
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Husband I adore, 2 boys (8 and 6) who crack me up and a cat.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? All but ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I don't really have a favorite thing to knit. I try it all. I found out I don't want to knit laceweight shawl things. I mostly knit things I'll wear (sweaters, socks, scarves, hats, mittens, etc.)
13. What are you knitting right now? How much time do you have? I generally have at least 15 things on needles but usually btw 3-5 active. Right now, I'm working on some socks for the Sock Summit.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Absolutely!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I'd be lost without my metal KnitPicks Options. I wish they made a set of small, sock sized Options! I'm all set with needles.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, I have both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? 4 years?
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe? My favorite holiday is Halloween. We celebrate a commercial xmas. We are not christians and I really don't want any religious stuff.
19. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I just had a little fall down at the KnitPicks 40% off summer book sale! I keep meaning to get a subscription to Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting but haven't as of yet. I love the Ysolda Teague Vivian pattern. Also, I know my Rav queue is crazy long but I'm in the process of adding the WANT tag to the patterns I really crave!
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I'm going to try to better my Fair Isle skills this year.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I am!
Toe to heel - 10"; Ball of foot - 8"; Ankle (just above ankle bone)- 8.5"
23. When is your birthday? 4/13
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? yes - 5elementknitr
Still buried in hooks, Ruth!