Thursday, July 23, 2009

Blank Stare Productions

I've had this idea in my head for awhile and the Dye For Glory contest has inspired me to go ahead and give it a shot. (For those of you not on Ravelry, the Dye For Glory contest is a contest exclusively for dyers who will be selling their wares at the Sock Summit.)
I present to you, Dear Readers, my Blank Stare Productions yarn....

I'm getting sock blanks and staring at them until I see what I want to paint. I bought one blank a few months ago and have been trying to decide which of the ideas I want to try first. Then one morning I was in that half awake state and the picture formed in my head. I shot upright in bed and said, "BACON!"

The contest has been the catalyst for me to make bacon. This is the my entry for the Out of the Box category...


Colorway: Better 'n Bacon
I love this colorway. It makes me laugh every time I see it! Better 'n Bacon as in, "The Sock summit 2009 is gonna be better then bacon."


This yarn, like all my blanks, is 462 yards of double knit 75% Superwash Merino/25% Nylon. You unravel the two strands and, using your favorite two at a time sock knitting technique, end up with super matchy-matchy socks!


My next entry is for the Predictable Striping category and goes a little something like this....
Colorway: Crater Lake


If you ever in your life get the chance to see it, Crater Lake in Oregon is one of the most beautiful bodies of water available. I've tried to capture some of that beauty here. I've made the deep swirling waves of water surrounded by the pine trees. The cool thing about this one is that the tips and toes will be the dark green, complimenting the deep water blue in the middle of your socks!


If you're on Ravelry, don't forget to go vote for you favorites, whatever they may be! You have until August 1st and you can place your votes here.
mm

mmmBaconmmmmm, Ruth!


P. S. Both colorways are available in my Etsy store.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! The Better than Bacon is genius! Although it's sock yarn, I'm not too sure there's much that is better than bacon!

LaDonna said...

You were robbed. You so should have won!