Wednesday, July 22, 2009

With Bullets

  • The winners of my last contest are: Nake-id Knits for her button (the only entry) and Needlegrrl is the other winner.

  • I have found that four year olds and 80 year olds take the same amount of time to tell a story. They also use the same half sentences where you have to fill in the blanks and guess what they are talking about.

  • I hate my garage and am about 1000 away from being done making the hooks. I'm about 2000 away from having them all put together.

  • I want to ship them all next Tuesday.

  • My bench grinder died on Saturday. (Best $5 I ever spent, though! Got it off Craigs list and it made it through sanding about 2500 hooks.)

  • The new one I ordered won't be here until tomorrow (Thursday).

  • Next Tuesday is not looking good.

  • SciFi channel changed it's name to SyFy. I'm pronouncing it Sih-Fee. I'm also pronouncing it stupid.

  • My friend, neighbor and boothmate for Sock Summit (booth #200) is making some really gorgeous yarn! Her store is Skeindalous.etsy.com - go say hi!

Drive by blogging, Ruth

4 comments:

Sharon Rose said...

Woo hoo! Thanks for picking lucky, lucky me! :)

I so agree about SciFi. WTF are they thinking?

Yarnhog said...

I hope it's a whole lot cooler in your garage than it is in mine! Sending positive hook-making energy your way!

Turtle said...

congrats winners. Fingers crossed! your getting there! (still working on hubby for a sock summit road trip, lol. It's less than 3 hours away and he lvoes to play in portland!)

Unknown said...

You can do it!!! Rah! Rah! Rah!