So this starts today.
Which means I'm going to get lots of uninterrupted knitting time! I'm calling this, "Season of the WIP's". I'm going to use this time to finish -
Bamboozle - started about two seasons ago of Lost. Can't watch Lost and do complex stitch patterns (read - anything other then stockinette or ribbing).
Mason-Dixon After Dark Nightie - wanted to finish this by the end of August. Didn't.
Twisted Cherries - technically, this sweater is finished (I've even worn it twice) but I've never like the length. I'm going to frog the bottom ribbing, add 2" of length and redo the ribbing.
Finish a pair of socks - whichever I finish will be my first pair!
Slogalong blanket - This is actually the Moderne blanket from the Mason - Dixon book. Another frog and go project. There was one skein of blue that I bought that is such a different dye lot it looks completely out of place. When I was photographing/rearranging my stash in anticipation of the inlaws moving in, I found two skeins of the blue! It means ripping out 3 skeins worth of Lion Brand Handspun. sigh.
I think that'll keep me occupied during the season. Of course, other projects will be started. Some Christmas gift - scarves and gloves. Not to mention the two new sweaters I'm swatching for!
And then there's this. Wanna play? Sign-ups are going until Sept. 8.
Here's my questionnaire for it.
1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it? - Both. I learned to knit in summer 04 and have been obsessed ever since. I learned to crochet when I was four but didn't do it since then until I relearned a year ago.
2. Have you made dishcloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both? - I make them for our house and for gifts. I've also made Swiffer covers and my mom wants a bunch for Xmas.
3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ? - I'd like to try Cotton Chenille or Cotton Fleece. I usually use Peaches/Sugar 'n Cream.
4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles? - I prefer circular metal. I've got all my addi turbos and have just discovered the wonderful pointiness that is KnitPicks. I'm currently collecting the tiny (US 0 - 3) 32" ones. Saving up for the Options package.
5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much? - I love all colors, leaning toward jewel tones rather then pastels. I can't say I've ever purposely bought orange or yellow, thought I don't have any aversions to them. (Vague much?)
6. What do you like best about Autumn? - The season change. The colors.
7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks! - Pumpkin and Apple. Pecan, not so much.
8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day? - I loved school. My favorite time of year was the buying of the school supplies! I still get giddy when I get a cool-looking new notebook.
9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap) - Oh yeah! It's my favorite holiday and I think it should be a national holiday where everyone gets the day (and the day after) off! Even so, I'm not that big on the decorations. Just the dressing up and the candy!
10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose? -
Something sweet, something bread, something cheese. Sweet cheese bread? (ew!)
11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;) - I have 2 little guys (6 and 4) and one amazing husband.
12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why? - I'm a sucker for hand-dyed and/or variegated yarn. It's mercurial changes and unique colors remind me of my moods/personality.
13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths? - Dishcloths
14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays) - Halloween. Definitely! More fun and none of the family tension that forced holiday togetherness can bring.
15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about? - none!
Whippin' out WIP's (theoretically), Ruth!