Friday, February 6, 2009

G is for Giving

I'm always amazed at the generosity of the knitting community. Someone has a birthday or a blogiversary and they give gifts instead of expecting to receive them. The amount of charity knitting around the web is profound. There are people who give up money and precious knitting time to speed knit a shawl for a wedding or a blanket for an approaching birth. Hell, kmkat alone has made more knitwear for preemies and Afghans then anyone I've ever seen! I think she's trying to make one for everyone in the world. If anyone can, she can!

I had a contest awhile ago that I'm severely overdue on handing out the prize. Sorry about that. The stars haven't lined up just right to get the numbers into a hat and get the boy to pull one.

I want to thank everyone who participated in T's class project. Traveling Trevor had the best time on his travels! He went to 3 places in Massachusetts, 2 places in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Arizona, Virginia, 3 places in California, Georgia, Wisconsin, Maine, Ohio, Kentucky, North Boston. He traveled over borders into Canada twice, and over oceans into Israel and New Zealand! He saw many wonderful things and learned quite a lot.

I made a scrapbook of the pictures and souvenirs and the places he went. It was a big hit in his class and I couldn't have done it without all of you!

Here's the winner of the contest......

RatBags Mom in New Zealand!

Now, I don't know if she actually knits. If not, then her prize will be a handknit hat/scarf set in her favorite color. If she chooses the handknits over the unknit skein of yarn, I'll have Trev pull another number tonight to see who gets the yarn.

Speaking of giving...
There's a raffle going on here. The prizes are outstanding! Give and give big. It's a great cause and I know how knitters love a great cause with great prizes! And give quickly, I think she's pulling the winners sometime btw now and Valentine's Day (which is just 8 days away!).

Giving a hand and a skein or two, Ruth!

2 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

You have a generous heart thankyou for all your donations to the raffle for Dylan..((((Ruth))))Darcy

The deadline for the raffle is Feb 7th.
p.s. I received one of your keyrings in a previous swap I was in and it is connected to my zuma the last time I was in a yarn shop everyone was oohing and awwwing over it;)

Unknown said...

RatBags Mom is one of the best blog names I've ever heard!

So glad Traveling Trevor had a wonderful trip!