Thursday, November 15, 2007

One Week

Like many of us, stress makes me cast-on. I was doing really well with my WIP Wipeout (something I've decided football season is perfect for...) and then I got all bunched up about my mom last week and cast-on for four new things!

This is my favorite...

It's the Bed Jacket from Romantic Style. I swatched some other color of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece for a tank top. So I didn't re-swatch for this project. I know, probably a recipe for disaster but I'm flying by the seat of my needles these days. Especially since I'm planning on modifying the crap outta this thing. I'm adding 2" to the length and once I get to where you split for the fronts, I'm switching over to the super-long version's instruction because I like the long sleeves on that one better then the 3/4 length sleeves of the Bed Jacket. Should be interesting! I'm going to put in a lifeline, just in case.

This has been a super fast knit! I'm loving it and the yarn couldn't be better. It's about a million strings plied together so I thought it would be maddeningly splitty but it's not. It's soft and lovely and a light shade of sage green. Maybe a little too yellow for my skin but it's mostly for me to throw over a t-shirt when I'm sitting around the house.

It would be an even faster knit except for the fact that I skipped a yarnover and had to tink back 3 rows, then when I got to the big decrease row, I suddenly, inexplicably, switched from purling to knitting and didn't notice until 2 1/2 rows later! WTF??

I can't get enough of this pattern and glare at the WIP's whenever they whine for my attention. Especially the never-ending blanket. Hate that thing. It's gotten so wide that a row takes forever and it's so heavy that I can only do 2 or 3 rows before my wrists cry uncle.

For those of you who miss dear Trevor's face, we got a really sweet picture of him after his play-off flag-football game. His team came in 2nd in their division and they each got a little trophy. They had the coolest, nicest man for their coach and he gave a little speech about each kid before he handed them their trophy. Trev was named Most Improved by the coach and he was so proud of that trophy that he carried it around all day. And wanted to continue carrying it all night...

(he put his old soccer trophy next to it to keep it company)

Brown Sheep love, Ruth!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, how cute! Look at him with his trophies and his stuffed animal :-)

Throws Like A Girl said...

So cute! Hey, I got an email from lambshoppe today saying that some of the cotton fleece isn't colorfast and have been bleeding. I'll send you the email if you want to check dyelots.

Unknown said...

Cutie patootie!

I have raging startitis too. There are about 4 new things on the needles here. I think it's the season. Cold weather and Christmas make me want to knit!

WandaWoman said...

OMG, I totally want to cast on for a zillion things right now. I am trying really hard to resist the siren call of new knits, b/c that will mean UFOs laying about the house.

Yarnhog said...

Man. I could have written this entry. I love Cotton Fleece, I'm also planning on casting on for the bed jacket in it, and my son just got a cool flag-football trophy following a really nice speech by his really cool coach. But the huge blanket for my son is done--I finished it last night!

About the Cotton Fleece and bleeding: when you wash it for the first time, add some vinegar to the water. The blue sweater I did for my son bled like crazy when I put it in water, but a couple glugs of vinegar stopped it.

Anonymous said...

Aww, what a tired cutie! The bed jacket looks great.