Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Good Scents

I received this package in the mail about a week ago.

I opened the mail box and was greeted with the most wonderful scent!

These soaps are from Chicken Knits Etsy store. Go get some. Now. I'll wait....

OK. Tippa Tuesday...

Whenever I get lovely soaps like these and there's extra, I put a bar in one of my yarn bins. It makes the yarn smell delicious! You have to be careful, though, about the soap you put in there. Chicken Knits soaps are wrapped in a way that the oils in the soap aren't going to touch the yarn at all. Glycerin soaps, for example, would be a bad choice (ask me how I know). To test the soap, wrap it in a paper towel and let it sit for an hour (or a day). If the paper towel looks different in any way, don't put the soap next to your stash.


I've been talking about it for months. I'm de-stashing. Here's the first little bit.


These yarns are from the first 3 months of Yarn Pirate's Booty Club. I already sold the first month's installation. I really like Yarn Pirate's work, it's just that none of these colors did anything for me. It was a great lesson. I learned that I don't want to do Yarn Clubs anymore. I LOVE surprises. But if I'm the one spending the money, I'd rather pick my own colors. (That being said, if you're the one spending the money and is mailing me a surprise of yarn, I'm so excited and thankful, that I love the color no matter what it is!)

Anyway, here they are. I'm selling them for what I paid for them and the price includes shipping and handling...

Yarn Pirate Calamity BFL - $26




Yarn Pirate Butternut Merino Tencel 400 yds. - $26




Also, here's some Boye crochet hooks. There's size D, E, F, G, H, another H, I, and K. The whole lot for $5.

If you're interested in these items, email me at Ruth AT 5elementknitr DOT com.
More soon, Ruth!

5 comments:

WandaWoman said...

Umm, so tempted by the yarn Pirate yarn . . .

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you like the soap!

And I'm feeling the same way on sock clubs lately. Overall I'm pleased, but there's a couple that I destashed. I will definitely not be renewing a couple of clubs.

knitnzu said...

I'm with you about colors and how you get them-not wanting to spend $$ on colors you're not thrilled with, but hugely happy when same colors are sent as gift. oooooh, love the merino tencel. But. You know I have TOO MUCH yarn! Did you see that I exchanged the loopdloop book for 'book of yarn'? THANKS so much!

Clare said...

Thanks for visitng my blog. I am so jealous of your soap - something about soap wrapped up neat in brown paper packages, all tied up with string...!

Anonymous said...

I would like the crochet hook assortment, please. I've recently assembled four gadget bags so I will always have one ready to grab and throw into my knitting bag -- scissors, Chibi, ruler, markers, little and medium crochet hooks. If I had these I could return my *good* crochet hooks to their proper home :-)