Monday, December 31, 2012

Z is for Zaftig

zaf·tig

[zahf-tik, -tig]

adjective, Slang.
1.
(of a woman) having a pleasantly plump figure.
2.
full-bodied; well-proportioned.
 
Well-proportioned?  I guess so.  I still have an hourglass figure, it just tells a LOT more time now.
 
My back and feet are in near-constant pain ALL the time.  I know it's because of this extra weight I'm hauling around.  I'm looking in to buying something called Backjoy to help with all the sitting I have to do during my week.  If anyone has one and would like to let me know what they think of it, contact me!  I'm making other changes as well...
 
I've started going back to the gym and plan on continuing that in the New Year.  I clearly can't get in shape using food techniques as I am unwilling to give up bread, milk, cheese, and sweets.  So I'll just have to work my ass off (literally) at the gym.
 
I have a plan of action for this.  I love a good list!  I've written out my schedule for next quarter and I've apportioned time four days a week to make it to the FREE rec centers where I can work out.  Yeah.  They are free.  AND I sort of have the time.  The only thing keeping me from them is sheer laziness.  This is my last week of break before the new quarter starts so I'll be going at least three days this week (errands today, recovering from the party tomorrow, gym W, Th, F).
 
I'm getting this last bit of this year's Alphabet Soup in just under the wire.  A year or two ago, I noticed that it kept taking me longer and longer to finish my Soup.  I think I mentioned that eventually it would take the whole year and then the world would end.  It occurred to me this morning that the world WAS supposed to end this year - hah!
 
Auld Lang Syne, Ruth!

1 comment:

Yvette said...

I'm with you. I LOVE to eat so I try to stay super active to compensate. It's so much better than sitting around and starving!
Happy New Year. Congrats on getting through the Alphabet Soup.