Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thanks One and All

I've been remiss in issuing many Thank You's to several different people...

We live near the library in HR, CO and the library has a huge, beautiful, open, grassy amphitheater behind it. It has a sizeable stage and we've discovered that they have a free summer concert series. They kicked off this summer with the Denver Youth Ballet doing A Midsummer's Night Dream. It's been about 13 years since I've seen a live ballet and I made Dave and the boys come with me.

Now I understand that with an outdoor concert the rules of concert etiquette are a bit more lax but I just really want to thank the lady in front of us for yammering at full voice for the entire ballet. Oh and Lady, when you let your phone ring for ten or so rings before finally answering and having an entire conversation? Wow, that was awesome. Oh, oh! And when you're friends that called you showed up halfway through the performance and started screeching at the top of their lungs - "WOW I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN AAAAAAGES!!!!!" - well, that just made the performance so much more special for everyone around you. So.... Thanks!

(When those screechy women showed up, even Dave was all, "Jesus Christ, Really??" Also, Lady, at one point, my nine year old asked, "Mom, can I go ask her to be quiet?" I told him no but I also told him that if Daddy wasn't there, I certainly would say something to her. So thanks also for letting him realize that at nine years old, he has better sense and more manners then a woman your age. Sheesh!)



Dear Random Neighbor,
I would like to thank you for teaching my cat a lesson. I know you know there are no leash laws for cats and I'm sure you've seen the four or five cats being allowed to roam the neighborhood at will, our Oreo being one of them. I appreciate that you don't want them in your area and you should absolutely spray them in the head to keep them out of your space.

However, may I suggest that next time you use a squirt bottle full of water instead of bug spray? It would be much cheaper and equally effective. I say cheaper because I imagine water is cheaper then bug spray but also because I believe it would save us both quite a lot of money in other areas. It would save you some serious hospital bills and it would save me some, I imagine, very expensive lawyer fees keeping me out of jail for having put you in the hospital if I ever find out who you are.

Special thanks goes out to From Robin's Nest in Utah. We had such a lovely conversation last year and you seemed so funny and pleasant that I went ahead and shipped the first order of my Stitch Savers for your shop without getting paid up front. I want to thank you for reminding me why I changed that policy as I'm still awaiting payment from you. I've emailed and called several times and even pm'd you on Ravelry - all with no response. The last time we spoke was about a month after I mailed them (last September) and you said you received them and would mail payment but since then you've just ignored my attempts to resolve this issue. It makes me sad but it also reminds me that not all knitters have basic manners and integrity.

(Readers, if you shop there, please continue to do so as she obviously needs the money. However, I do ask that you not buy my Stitch Savers there as she hasn't yet paid me for them. If she ever does, I'll let y'all know and then you can buy them from her locally! Otherwise, if you'd like some, please purchase them elsewhere. You can always get them from my Etsy store, ScoutSwag, The Loopy Ewe, Yarn4Socks, and many other fine LYS's both online and IRL.)

Now for some very real and belated Thank-you's....

Thank you to my Secret Pal 15 for this lovely little package!

I know I still need to put up my questionnaire for SP15 and I'll do that soon - promise!


Thanks to Joe over at ReviewYourOwnBlog for posting my review. It's a very interesting concept! You're to write an objective review of your own blog. A lot harder then it sounds! Here's mine.

Thanks so much to Mary from my knitting group for the outstanding package she mailed me for the Beltane Vampire Swap. (I still think it's funny that you mailed it from Parker, CO to.... Parker, CO - hah!)

Look at all the goodies!
First there's the first two books of this series I've been dying to read...

I'm loving the first one and can't wait to get to the second!


There was a lovely handmade card and some much needed 24" cables for my Options set....



She crocheted a measuring tape cover and a sweet little Nosferatau....


She made scads of these really pretty stitch markers...

And the yarn! Oooooh, the yarn....

That's a skein of Malabrigo sock on the bottom and a skein of some sock yarn she dyed for me! Droool.....
Here's a close-up (if somewhat overexposed) pic of it...

I'm in love!


Lastly....
I want to give an extra big hug and thank you to the woman I glared at in the Sports Authority parking lot last week. I was in a huge hurry, with too much stress, too many errands to run that day and not enough time. I felt you weren't moving fast enough to get your clearly-old-enough-to-do-it-himself child out of your car. It wasn't until you helped him out that I realized he has CP and I'm so very, very, sorry that I was such a shit. Thank you so much for giving me some much needed perspective not only on my day but on my life in general.

Don't forget to enter my latest contest!


Feeling thankful for my life, Ruth!

2 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Wow. Quite the series of human interactions you've had lately. This is why I try not to leave the house. (Kidding...sort of.)

I would definitely have asked her to be quiet. Nicely--at first.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, there are too many people like the woman at the concert; I swear they think they are the only people around, or the only ones who matter. Makes me crazy! I hope you never find out who that neighbor was because I'd hate to find out that you had committed murder (which is exactly what they deserve!)
On a happier note - LOVELY gifts you have there!