Sunday, December 22, 2013

S is for Shatner

I can't believe I did "S is for Starfleet" last year and didn't tell you guys I got to go see Shatner in his one-man show!!

My friend, Donna, alerted me to the fact that Captain Kirk was coming to Denver.  She's as crazy for original Star Trek and Shatner as I am!  I immediately looked up the details.  It was William Shatner's one-man show!

Tickets were rather expensive, so I wrote it off. 

A couple of weeks later, tickets for his show were for sale on Groupon.  I don't make a lot of money (even when I had a job last year), so I texted Dave to tell him I found my birthday present! 

We texted back and forth for awhile (details, prices, etc.) and finally, he agreed.

Here's the last of that text conversation:

ME: you rock my world!
DAVE: you expedite my demise

He cracks me up!

Donna and I had a wonderful dinner at The Corner Office.  Excellent food! 

We had really good balcony seats in the show and, other than my memories and my ticket, I have nothing to show you about it.  We followed the rules and didn't take pictures. 

William Shatner's one-man show was outstanding!  It was funny and poignant.  We laughed and we cried a bit.  It was an appropriate length of time (looking at you, B.B. King, with your $80 for a 45-minute show in 1996...).

If you ever get a chance, go see it!

After the show, we went to a dessert place (can't remember the name) and had delicious sweets.

Walking to the car at the end of the evening, we spotted Shatner's tour bus.  We went over to it and asked the two roadies if Mr. Shatner was aboard.  They said that he was not.  He flies, never rides.  The bus was for his set and equipment.  (I almost asked if we could go in anyway, but chickened out.)

On a more recent note...

Our kids met their first celebrities!  T is nuts for Mythbusters.  There's a very expensive Mythbusters exhibit at a Denver museum.  Dave found out that a couple of the show's stars were going to be at a pizza joint in Denver - promoting the exhibit.  It was free, so Dave took the boys to see them!  Unfortunately, I had an online class meeting and couldn't go.

 
 
D2 only sort of likes the show, but T was over the moon!  Dave got lost on the way to the event, but the boys got the last autographed picture along with getting this shot.
 
Promoting a love of science, Ruth!

No comments: